Thursday, December 20, 2007

Pumpkin Pie for Christmas


Pumpkin Pie for Christmas

Last weekend I was discussing with my mom her menu for Christmas. She's not planning to make pumpkin pie, even though we all love it because she made one at Thankgiving and because "it's not a Christmas dessert."
I happen to disagree, and so do several Christmas/winter song writers.

Home for the Holidays:

I met a man who lives in Tennessee,

He was headin’ for,
Pennsylvania,
and some home made
pumpkin pie.

Sleigh Ride:

There's a happy feeling nothing in the world can buy
When they pass around the coffee and the
pumpkin pie.

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree:
Rocking around the Christmas tree,
let the Christmas spirit ring
Later we'll have some pumpkin pie
and we'll do some caroling.

Over the River and Through the Woods:
Over the river and through the woods
Now Grandma's cap I spy
Hurrah for fun the pudding's done
Hurrah for the pumpkin pie
.


I guess I'll just have to console myself with Mom's best in the world coconut cake-made with coconut, coconut milk and coconut icing. Mmmm.

No comments: